Sunday, June 15, 2008

Day 10 - Acapulco




At the Hotel Miradoor. If you look closely, I am standing next to Walt Disney's signature on the wall. You can make our several other names as well like Clint Eastwood, Rita Moreno and Eddie Fisher.










Cliff Divers at the hotel. What is also impressive is that the divers actually CLIMBED up the sides of these cliffs before they jumped into the water!

The lines through the picture are from a movie they were filming that day. We could never figure out what movie it was they were shooting.














Enjoying being off the ship! That is about as much as I could smile that day, so you can't really tell how thrilled I was to be out. :)














Mom enjoying a frosty drink at the hotel.




Oh what a feeling to be on dry land again! It felt GREAT to get off the ship! I still can't really smile yet, but I am getting better each day and I don't think I am talking funny anymore - well at least no more than usual. :)


We told Peyton that we were going to shore and he could either stay in camp or come with us. He picked the camp of course.


We really had no plans other than to get off the boat. We walked to the taxi stand and decided to go see the Cliff Divers. There was a hotel where you could sit and enjoy a refreshment and have a great view in the shade while the divers flew into the water. The driver that we picked got us a great seat at the Hotel Miradoor and we had the BEST chips and salsa and guacamole I ever tried!


I HIGHLY recommend doing this. I think the Disney excursion was over $40 per person and you stood in the sun down by a viewing area. We just paid for the cab ride and about $12 each to go sit in the hotel restaurant - which included two drinks each. There is a huge wall with a bunch of signatures of famous celebrities from the 50s and 60s - when Acapulco was more in its prime.

It was just a great day. I think we could have gone to watch paint dry on a wall somewhere and I would have still had fun! We grabbed Peyton when we got back on the ship and he said he had a great time today and made musical instruments while he was in camp. He even gave us a demonstration of he new-found talents once we got back to the room.

No comments: