Monday, June 16, 2008

Day 16 - Homeward Bound

I stayed up late Saturday night to try to get some work stuff done. I knew that Sunday was going to be NUTS! There was ONE flight leaving LA around 10:00am that was a direct flight. The next flight was the red-eye that left around midnight, so we decided to take our chances. We were able to show the front desk our flight arrangements and get permission to be in the first group of people off the ship. We were up around 6:30am and grabbed a quick bite to eat at Topsiders. We didn't even bother to try to get Peyton to eat that early, so we grabbed some packages of peanut butter for the plane. His finger looked like it was a little swollen and he was just in a bad mood in general.

We were a little late getting though customs and my Mom was just in a panic. I told her that there was nothing we could do about getting to the airport faster, and we knew that the times were really going to be cutting it close. It doesn't matter what you say though, she will just be freaked out until the plane takes off.

I arranged for a limo to pick us up so we would not have to fight with mass transportation. It worked out very well and our driver was very nice. We got to the airport in good time and even got Mom a chance to get some Starbucks and some yogurt from McDonalds for Peyton. We were flying first class, so Mom took Peyton to get on the plane as soon as the doors opened. I tried to finish up some stuff for work and then leisurly boarded. I could see that Peyton's finger was really making him uncomfortable, but there was nothing I could do and thankfully he fell asleep as soon as the plane took off. Delta had a very nice lunch and a wide variety of stuff to watch on TV for the 4 hour flight. Peyton woke up about an hour before we landed and watched a couple of movies on his DVD player. I think he was really ready to go home after 15 days of vacation!

Patrick and Pierce (my stepson) came to pick us up at the airport and as soon as Peyton saw Pierce, he forgot all about his hurt finger! It was great to be home, but I sure do miss the Magic!

No comments: